Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 ‘Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 ‘Give us this day [e]our daily bread.
12 ‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 ‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from [f]evil. [g][For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen Matthew 6:9-13
- Guess I’m an old white guy and with that come some old-fashioned ideas – like that God is a guy.
- Old-fashioned, too, in respecting the will of God. I respect God’s will in a matter just like there needs to be mutual respect in a human to human relationship. (At the same time let’s remember that there is battle going on in which God’s will is for us is get mad at the devil and tell him a thing or two)
- … “our daily bread” = 1 plateful of food. Not 2 deep-freezers full.
- … “forgive of us debts”. Not a rule here – just a suggestion – Avoid debt in the first place. No loans. No co-signing. No credit accounts. I do not even like to check out a library book. That means that I owe.
- … “lead us not into temptation”. And not blaming God when we purposely walk into temptation. (I often need to hear the news rather seeing it so as to skip staring at the info-babe that goes with TV news) …